by Scoobie Davis
Gotta Go (at Least for a While)
I have to go on hiatus for real for a while. It’s kind of a pity because the one-year anniversary of Scoobie Davis Online is February 11. Let me just detail some of the best moments of the blog for the past year:
1. My hilarious phone call with Drudge.
2.My blog on the book The Savage Nation that exposed the nefarious relationship between a Christian publishing house and a Scaife-funded conspiracy nut.
3. Being the first person who exposed the mendacity in Ann Coulter’s Slander (I got an advance copy of the book so I was first out of the blocks).
4. Being a bug in David Horowitz’s butt—who has called me deranged, a knave, scurrilous—among other things. Read about it here.
5. Being the first blogger to expose Rush Limbaugh's recent racist statement. Rush said this right after Howard Kurtz wrote two fawning columns defending the right-wing hatemonger; Isn't it ironic?
6. I was the first person to point out the urban legend in the late Barbara Olson’s book The Final Days (if you think it’s bad of me to criticize a dead person, click here).
7. I scooped the world when I wrote about George W. Bush inviting an admitted violator of the Espionage Act to his Crawford ranch. I’m still waiting for the mainstream media to report it.
8. Being hung up on when I got on Hannity’s radio show (click here for the rib-tickling transcript).
9. Being muted when I got on Limbaugh’s radio show.
10. Being muted when I got on O’Reilly’s radio show.
11. Busting Robert Bartley for putting lipstick on a pig.
12. I wasn’t on the forefront of the Trent Lott’s Strom comments (credit goes to Atrios and Josh Marshall), but I had mentioned Lott’s neo-Confederate ties before the Strom comments (e.g., here) and I was the first to catch Lott’s lie in his interview with Sean Hannity. Unfortunately, people didn’t take my advice to make Jeb and Katherine Harris the next targets (Lott’s words were racist, Harris and Jeb were racist in their actions: praxis). See the film Unprecedented for more details.
13. I transcribed the hilarious conversation with Limbaugh with Gregg from Orlando. (Here’s my funny conversation with Limbaugh from a couple years ago).
14. My crashing of the 2002 Oscars--I later gave advice to the security people at the Oscars.
The film industry is great if it works out. I had a couple deals that fell through—and a couple associates who were not as reliable as they said they were. I thank all who have contributed to me through the Amazon Honor System. February is my last month at my apartment-I’m on hiatus because I’m job-hunting and scrambling for cash. Rent is almost due so if you like what you read here, then a couple bucks would be great. If a few people could donate a few bucks, it would help out—as Dick Cheney would say--big time. Over and out--for a while.