by Scoobie Davis
An Open Letter to Fox News Employees
It's bad enough that journalists have to prostitute their journalistic integrity in order to work for Roger Ailes, but now it appears that they have also sacrificed their health and the health of their children. Ailes ordered neurotoxic insecticide sprayings for the Fox News building in New York (via Atrios). This has led to the hospitalization of at least one Fox News employee and is suspected in the birth of a Downs Syndrome baby by another employee.
Ailes cares so much about you that he is covering it up and firing people at Fox News who do the right thing and address the issue. If you read this blog, you would know what a dick Ailes it.
Now you can do something about it.
1. File a Worker's Compensation claim.
2. Sue Ailes and Rupert Murdoch. Take a look at Murdoch's News Corporation. Talk about really deep pockets.
3. Find others and make it a class-action suit.
4. In the meantime, take as much evidence (memos, edited stories, tape recordings of meetings) that shows that Fox News is more of a political operation than a journalistic outlet and write an expose of Fox News. Be a journalist for once.
5. If you lack the documentation illustrating how Fox News is a political operation, tape record meetings and conversations with other employees and management. From what I've heard, it won't be difficult to get a lot of incriminating evidence.
6. Try to find incriminating evidence about the insecticide cover-up.
7. Contact city, state, and federal agencies that address worker safety. The U Department of Labor would be a good start.
Do the right thing. It's good for you dignity and your health. It can also make you a very wealthy individual.