by Scoobie Davis
Now that I have a regular job, at least for a while, I have the ability to buy luxuries. Here are a few luxuries that I have largely denied myself for the past few months:
1. A trip to the 99 Cent Store without being concerned about getting too many items.
2. Organic produce (I have a top-of-the-line juicer).
3. Yoga classes (great place to meet women).
4. A clunker car from the auto auction (last vehicle I had was a 1989 Dodge Caravan that I bought at auction for $350).
5. Some wardrobe items from the thrift store (yesterday, I got an almost new pair of Nike Air Force 1 hightops for $1.50).
6. A gym membership. I need to hit the weights so that I can be chiseled for Spring Break.
7. A Learning Annex class--or maybe two.
8. A weekend in the Promise Land (also known as San Diego).
9. A trip to the Arc Light Cinema (expensive, but they don't tolerate people who talk during the film).
10. A cheese sandwich from Canter's Deli (I like provolone on toasted sourdough with lettuce, tomato, onion and with a pickle and mayo on the side). That's good eatin'
11. Jack Chick's Alberto Series.
I hope I don't sound too extravagant.
One other note: Thanks to all who have contributed to this site. It will be a very slammin' Christmas for me.