|Scoobie Davis Online|
Sun Myung Moon Blog
Search Engine Optimization and Free Submission
Friday, September 07, 2007
My Posts on Sun Myung Moon and the Family Federation for World Peace
UPDATE: I have created a separate weblog devoted to an examination of Sun Myung Moon and the Unificationist movement. it is called The Real Sun Myung Moon.
1. I ask: Is opposition to Sun Myung Moon religious bigotry?
2. Two cautionary tales showing the price of playing nice with Sun Myung Moon and his criminal organization. Case study one: Hillary Clinton (here's a more recent post that shows that Hillary still accords legitimacy to Moonie groups). Case study two: The Democratic Party. I also have a post about Congressman Charles Rangel's relationship with the Unification Church.
3. Sun Myung Moon and the Bush family: The Bush/Moon relationship; A post on George H.W. Bush planned to fete the Moon Family. Robert Parry has an informative article on the Bush-Moon nexus.
4. Sun Myung Moon as Sexual Predator and Moon's dysfunctional family values. Moon and his wife hold themselves out to be humanity's "True Parents" who have a perfect family. Nothing could be further from the truth: How Moon committed statutory rape as an accomplice and has gotten away with it; Moon's supercilious theodicy that blames a victim for her victimization (also here); and my open letter to Chris Hansen of Dateline NBC.
5. The Moonie Media's Attack on Journalism: How Moon's Washington Times is an indispensable component of the right's noise machine; Insight magazine's fabricated quote; The Washington Times' virulent racism (also here); journalistic misconduct by Washington Times operative Bill Sammon; how the Moonie media distorts real journalism; Editor of Moonie-Owned Magazine Engages in Thinly-Veiled Call for Muslim Extremists to Assassinate Barack Obama; and how the Moonie media is a cancer on our society.
6. Journalistic enablers of Moon. Probably the most egregious example is that of Christopher Matthews, who originally took a principled stand against Moon's attempts to corrupt American journalism but changed his tune when the price was right. Other examples include Bill O'Reilly, David Brooks, the Associated Press, Carlton Sherwood, and Clarence Page.
7. Sun Myung Moon's creative venture, the film Inchon. A post on a famous fan of the film: Ronald Reagan (Moon's Washington Times was also the Gipper's favorite newspaper).
8. Moon's funding of a quasi-Catholic group
9. Article on Michelle Malkin's favorite undesirable alien (also click here and here).
10. Virtue Czar William Bennett's selective morality.
11. The Unification Church versus Scientology.
12. I mentioned Moon in my post on the Bozell family.
13. Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT) and his seedy relationship with the Moons.
14. My post on Moon and Regnery Publishing.
15. My post on two Moonie-funded universities being ranked as among the nation's worst schools. More details about it here.
16. An amusing post about the bedbug infestation at Moon's New Yorker Hotel.
17. Is the Unification Church Behind a "Sexual Reorientation" Group?
18.My post on the two Unificationists planning to run for the US Congress in 2008.
Additional Web Resources on Moon:
1. Consortium News' archive of Moon articles
2. John Gorenfeld's blog on Moon (also read his Salon.com article on the Moon coronation).
3. Former Unification Church member Steven Hassan's page on the Moonies.
4. Rick Ross's page on Moon.
5. Marc Perkel's web pages on Moon (it has plenty of links).
6. Here's a video of the 60 Minutes interview of Nansook Hong, the former daughter-in-law of Moon as well as an interview of Hong from WBZ News in Boston.
7. Here is a Unification Church video of the 2004 coronation of Moon and his wife in the Dirksen Senate Office Building in a ceremony attended by influential member of the US Congress.
8. Wikipedia has succinct and informative entries on Moon, the Unification Church, Moon's conviction on tax evasion charges, Nansook Hong, The Washington Times, and the notorious coronation ceremony.
9. Craig Maxim has one of the largest anti-Moon sites on the Internet.
10. A Church & State article on Jerry's Falwell's links to Moon.
11. The BBC film on Moon, Emperor of the Universe.
12. A televised conference: "Cults and the Media."
13. A page on Steven Hassan's site devoted to the "Spiritual Sales" scam that has bilked Japanese families out of over a billion dollars.
14. A Chicago Tribune article on Moon's control of the sushi industry.
15. Robert Parry's article "Moon/Bush 'Ongoing Crime Enterprise'"
16. John Gorenfeld's Salon.com article "Bad Moon on the Rise."
17. SourceWatch's Page on Sun Myung Moon and the Unification Movement.
18. A Fair.org report on the Washington Times.
19. A San Fransisco Gate article on how the Unification Church receives tax money for its "faith-based" programs.
20. A far-from-exhaustive list of Moonie front groups.
21. Former Washington Times reporter George Archibald has some revealing observations about the paper.
22. A comprehensive article by Rob Boston on how Moon has been actively trying to expand his theocratic empire.
23. Cell Whitman on the supposed independence of the Washington Times.
24. Christopher S. Stewart: "Money, Guns, & God" on Kahr Arms, the firearms manufacturer "run and mostly owned by Justin Moon, son of the Reverend Sun Myung Moon." Stewart is interviewed on the Leonard Lopate Show.
25. Ed Brayton has a series on Sun Myung Moon and his Michigan ties.
26. Max Blumenthal's article on The Washington Times.